The Public Interest Law Clinic will take on projects that meet the following criteria:
- To maximize the ability of individuals and groups to participate effectively in decisions that affect the environment;
- To establish safeguards to prevent strategic litigation against public participation;
- To generate effective legal mechanisms that protect habitat in Alberta which threatened species need to survive;
- To improve every lever available in law to obtain information from public bodies;
- To change facially neutral laws that disproportionately affect the disadvantaged; and,
- To generate opportunities for civil society organizations to intervene effectively in appellate cases.