New for 2021: Apply for the LSAC Fee Waiver as soon as possible
You are no longer required to submit your proof of low income (Alberta Low Income documentation or recent tax assessments) with your application. Instead, you must apply for the LSAC Fee Waiver. We encourage all applicants to apply for the LSAC Fee Waiver as soon as possible as this approval will determine your acceptance to the LSAT Summer Prep Course.
LSAT Summer Prep Course
We are offering a free LSAT preparation course for high potential, low-income undergraduate students and recent university grads. The program, which runs from May to August, will prepare students to write the October LSAT and to apply to a law school in the Fall admissions cycle.
Classes are held twice a week in the evening, online. All participants must commit to attend at least 90% of the lectures, and attendance will be checked throughout the program.
The course is taught by a current UCalgary Law student.
- Course will run May to August (16 weeks)
- Class days: Monday and Thursday
- Where a holiday falls on a Monday, the class will be held the day after, on Tuesday
- Optional homework review: 5 – 6 p.m.
- Mandatory instruction time and review: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Location: Online
- Fees: Free for qualified participants
- Class size: 20
Comprehensive preparation for the September LSAT
- Includes study materials and practice tests, and additional study group support
**NOTE: Materials can only be accessed online.
Law school admissions and financial aid information and support, including:
- The admissions process and the impact of your LSAT and GPA
- How to draft an effective Statement of Interest
- How to finance your legal education
Exposure to law school and the legal profession
- Opportunities to hear from current law students and practicing lawyers
Ongoing support and mentorship
- Optional mentoring with current law students
- Access to advice from law school admissions staff
You are fully committed to writing the September LSAT and submitting an application for Fall admissions, and you satisfy ALL of the following:
- You are a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person
Note: This program is not Designated and is ineligible to accept foreign nationals on a study permit
- You are either:
-Currently an undergraduate student, in third or fourth year
-A recent graduate from a bachelor’s degree program (within the past two years)
- You have an average GPA of at least 3.30 (B+ or 76%) in your last 20 half courses (60 unit equivalent)
- You have received an LSAC Fee Waiver
Apply for LSPC
The application form will be available March 1, 2021.
NOTE: We encourage all future applicants to apply for the LSAC Fee Waiver as soon as possible. You can apply for the waiver here.
What to include in your application package
A completed and signed application form.
A scanned copy of one up-to-date transcript for each post-secondary institution attended/attending.
Statement of Interest
See details below.
Statement of Interest (maximum 500 words; PDF or Word file only)
- Why are you interested in the LSPC?
- How have your previous experiences and academic choices influenced your decision to apply to law school?
- What would you like to do with your law degree?
LSAC Fee Waiver
- We encourage everyone to apply for the LSAC Fee Waiver as soon as possible
Please contact the Student Services and Admissions Office:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 403.220.4155
Thank you to Borden Ladner Gervais LLP for their support for the UCalgary Law LSAT Summer Prep Course.