Technology & Intellectual Property Law
The law relating to novel technologies, including their regulation, and the ownership of intellectual property rights in technologies. Our faculty members do research in a variety of areas, including Internet law, media law, technology and the legal profession, copyright law, patent law, information privacy law, international law and policy relating to emerging technology, geoengineering regulation, technology start-up law, blockchain law, cybersecurity law, the regulation of synthetic biology, and biosecurity.
- Technology and the Legal Profession
- Advanced Legal Research
- Ethical and legal issues concerning synthetic biology
- Legal and political philosophy
- Philosophy of science
- Science policy
- Public international law
- Law of the sea
- International environmental law
- International law and policy relating to science and emerging technologies.
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Media Law
- Human Rights Law
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate finance
- Entrepreneurial law
- Intellectual Property
Creating safe spaces
Research at the University of Calgary provides answers to common personal security problems, from workplace bullying to Internet security to domestic violence.
Internet and the law: protecting yourself against online abuse (Webinar)
Join researcher Emily Laidlaw as she examines the current laws that apply to the problem of online abuse and explores legal reforms that could better tackle the harm involved.