Dr. Michael Ilg, PhD
Faculty of Law
PhD University of British Columbia, 2008
LLM Queen's University, 2003
JD Queen's University, 2002
BA Political Science, Queen's University, 1999
Professor Ilg joined the faculty of law in 2007. Professor Ilg holds a JD and LLM from Queen's University, and a PhD in law from the University of British Columbia. His doctoral dissertation was entitled: "The Diversity & Evolution of Competition: A Liberal Law and Economics Theory for the International System."
Professor Ilg regularly teaches contracts, remedies, law and economics, and law and development.
Professor Ilg’s research generally addresses individual rights from an economic perspective. Most recently, he has applied economic reasoning to selected topics within constitutional theory, including aboriginal rights, freedom of expression, and federalism.
Areas of Research
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|LAW 567||Law and Economics|
- Michael Ilg. Oxford U Comparative L Forum. (2019)
- Michael Ilg. 12(2) Law & Development Review. 323-349. (2019)
- Michael Ilg. 16(3) International Journal of Constitutional Law. 806-835. (2018)
- Michael Ilg. Law and Development Review. (2017)
- Michael Ilg. 62(3) University of Toronto Law Journal. 403-438. (2012)
- Michael Ilg. 41 Georgetown International Law Journal. 647-681. (2010)
- Michael Ilg. 43 Creighton Law Review. 471-504. (2010)
- Michael Ilg. 9 Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property. 145-178. (2010)
- Michael Ilg. 17 Journal of Environmental Law and Practice. (2007)
- Michael Ilg. 21 Windsor Review of Legal and Social Issues. (2006)
- Michael Ilg. 39 Studies in Law, Politics, and Society. (2006)
- Michael Ilg. 28 Dalhousie Law Journal. (2005)
- Michael Ilg. 3 Santa Clara Journal of International Law. (2005)
- Michael Ilg. 18 Tulane Environmental Law Journal. (2004)
- Annual Conference of the Canadian Law and Economics Association. (2012)
- Law & Society Association, International Conference on Law & Society, Sociolegal Conversations across a Sea of Islands. (2012)
- Canadian Law and Society. (2010)
- Annual Meeting of the Canadian Law and Economics Association. (2009)
- Workshop on Managing Business Risk. (2009)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.